A new cannabinoid has arrived to Herbal Society:
Hexahydrocannabinol – HHC for short.
What is HHC?
• HHC is a cannabinoid that is naturally found in the pollen and seeds of a hemp plant. While it’s very different from THC, it DOES have similar effects. It is NOT synthetic, which makes it a federally legal hemp extraction.
How will HHC make me feel?
• The effects of HHC are very similar to THC – many have claimed HHC makes them feel euphoric, and the anti-nausea, anti-pain, anti-inflammation properties are strongly present in HHC. In general, it’s a more ‘happy, mellow uplifting buzz’.
Is this legal?
• 100% – it’s a naturally occurring cannabinoid in the hemp plant, and it’s not a type of THC like Delta 8. It’s federally legal under the 2018 United States Farm Bill. This means all future HHC products from Herbal Society like edibles, vapes, dabs and gummies are perfectly legal hemp products in the USA. All material used to process HHC comes from industrial hemp.
How’s THC different from HHC?
• HHC binds to both CB1 and CB2 receptors in a very tight bind – this means it’s a potent cannabinoid both in vivo and in vitro.
HHC has 3 different forms which scientists call “chiral centers” – they’re essentially exact replicas of each other and they’re called enantiomers. These different forms have varied effects onthe human body, it just depends on which chiral center they bind to.
• Chiral center number 1 is called C1 – if the HHC binds to this chiral center, it’ll activate the CB1 receptor.
• Chiral center number 2 is called C2 – if the HHC binds to this chiral center, it’ll activate the CB2 receptor.
• Chiral center number 3 is called C3 – if the HHC binds to this chiral center, it won’t activate either the CB1 or CB2 receptor.
What does this all mean?
• The difference between the different enantiomers of HHC are of high significance sinceit can bind to either theCB1 or the CB2 receptor. However, it can only activate either one at one time. Thismeans HHC is potentially a compound that can treat two conditions at once. It can heal conditions relating to the CNS/cardiometabolic disorders as well as immune related conditions.
When can we expect HHC to come to Herbal Society?